Bachelor in Paradise is in serious danger after an alleged sexual incident between contestants, DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios, took place on the set last week.
The show is a spin-off that brings together previous contestants from, “The Bachelor,” and “The Bachelorette.”
On Sunday, Warner Bros. released a statement confirming that it halted production of season 4.
“We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”
However, ABC and Warner Bros. are both denying that the show has been canceled. ABC said it was waiting for the investigation to conclude before making any definitive decision on the show’s fate, despite sending the cast back home.
And it appears the network has not filmed enough episodes to have a full season because the alleged incident happened so early in shooting, which could eventually lead to the season being scrapped altogether.
The season was set to air Aug. 8.
The trouble began when Jackson, 30, and Olympios, 24, began getting “hot and heavy” in the pool while the cameras were rolling. Their behavior made a “third party” feel uncomfortable. TMZ reported there are accusations of sexual assault. A field producer reportedly complained that Olympios was too drunk to consent to Jackson’s advances but producers allowed the behavior to go on.
Olympios has lawyered up and is blaming producers for allowing the sexual encounter to happen despite being drunk. Both Jackson and Olympios were said to be drinking throughout the day of the shooting. Olympios claimed she was in a “blackout state” and was unable to consent, the New York Post reported.