Judge Approves ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey’ Star Teresa Giudice’s Bankruptcy Settlement

Share This:

On Friday, a federal judge approved a settlement deal between Real Housewives of New Jersey felon, Teresa Giudice, and her creditors.

The deal allows Teresa to move forward in her legal malpractice lawsuit against her former bankruptcy attorney, James Kridel. Teresa will be allowed to keep 55% of any possible award from the lawsuit, with the remaining 45% going to her creditors, according to NJ.com.

Teresa’s lawsuit against Kridel accuses her former lawyer of landing her in prison, blaming alleged mistakes for the fraud charges that led to her incarceration. Kridel has labeled the lawsuit “absurd,” and denies any wrongdoing.

Teresa was locked up for a year, after she and husband, Joe, admitted to hiding assets from bankruptcy creditors, and submitting falsified loan applications — scoring $5 million in construction loans and mortgages.   

Teresa Giudice was not in the Newark courtroom. U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Stacey Meisel congratulated both sides of the hotly debated negotiation — lawyers representing Teresa, as well as the attorneys fighting for the Giudices’ ripped-off victims.

“I honestly wasn’t sure it could be done,” the judge said.


“Like” us on Facebook  “Follow” us on Instagram 

Share This: