In a new city with a new host and a new tag line, Celebrity Apprentice is back, baby! The ex-governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, is replacing Donald J. Trump as host because he was fired! The international movie star known for The Terminator franchise, will have an interesting array of boardroom advisors to assist him: Investment guru, Warren Buffett; Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer; model, host, entrepreneur, Tyra Banks; and entertainment attorney, Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger, Arnold’s handsome son.
Sixteen celebs will be competing for their favorite charities on the 8th season, and two are Real Housewives, Porsha Williams from Atlanta and Kyle Richards from Beverly Hills. I’m sure these two ladies will get along famously – if they’re on separate teams! Will Kyle have an advantage raising money because the show moved to Los Angeles? Or will Porsha have an edge because of her quick thinking skills learned from Dish Nation?
Filming began last week, and by the looks of the photographs the celebs are posting, everyone is having a good time. Also part of the cast are:
- Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi – Jersey Shore reality star
- Laila Ali – boxer, author and daughter of Mohammad Ali
- Carnie Wilson – singer and reality star
- Brooke Burke-Charvet – actress, host, fitness expert
- Eric Dickerson – pro-football Hall of Fame
- Boy George – Grammy winning singer
- Matt Iseman – host of American Nina Warrior and comedian
- Carrie Keagan – actress, host, writer
- Carson Kressley – host Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
- Lisa Leslie – Olympian and WNBA champion
- Jon Lovitz – comedian and actor, former SNL’er
- Vince Neil – singer of Mötley Crüe
- Chael Sonnen – UFC and MMA standout
- Ricky Williams – Heisman trophy winner and analyst
No premier date has been set for Celebrity Apprentice, though last season it was placed in the NBC Sunday lineup. As to Schwarzenegger’s new tag line since, “You’re fired,” is synonymous with Trump, no word yet on that either. Tell us what you think the new tag line should be.
I am so lucky to combine blogging with my guilty pleasure of watching reality TV. I read all the comments and respond to most. Feel free to reach out to me. If you like fiction, I have two published novels: Three Days in Purgatory and A Reason to Run.