Bethenny Frankel Paid $1 Million To Return To The Real Housewives of New York

Posted on Dec 16 2014 - 12:00pm by Dani-K

Bethenny Frankel

I love how the “Hollywood” type deals always involve nice, round numbers. For instance, according to a new report, Bethenny Frankel was paid $1 million dollars (that’s 6 round numbers behind a 1) to return to “The Real Housewives of New York.” Word is, her co-stars are extremely pissed off upset that her check is bigger than theirs.

READ: ‘RHONY’ Producers Mad At Bethenny Frankel & Secretly Asked Jason Hoppy To Appear On The Show

“Ramona is absolutely outraged that Bethenny is making a million dollars, especially after her failed talk show,” an insider reveals. “But Bethenny wasn’t going to come back earning less than any of the housewives, and held out to be paid the most.”

As we reported earlier, supposedly Bethenny isn’t bringing the drama this season like producers had hoped and she’s trying to “act like some sort of advice guru” on the show.

In Andy Cohen’s new book “The Andy Cohen Diaries” he wrote on July 11th that he had lunch at Bethenny’s house in the Hampton’s where she pitched the idea of “Bethenny Starting Over.” Andy writes, “But I had my own ideas and turned the discussion into the (seemingly insane at first but makes sense the longer you talk about it) idea of her coming back to RHONY; and I can’t believe it, but I think it worked. I made a lot of compelling arguments (good money, ensemble show, she knows what she’s getting into, it would certainly be a success ratings-wise vs. this season). She is seriously considering it, and I left feeling upbeat. It would be huge for that show to get her back. Huge!!!”

READ: RHONY Tea: Cast Filming Pics, New Housewife & New Drama

Did Andy say “good money?” Change that to “great money!” Are you excited for Bethenny to return to RHONY? Do you think she’s worth the $1 million paycheck? Tell us what you think.

“Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

I am so lucky to combine blogging with my guilty pleasure of watching reality TV. I read all the comments and respond to most. Feel free to reach out to me. If you like fiction, I have two published novels: Three Days in Purgatory and A Reason to Run. For more information, please visit me at: Twitter* * Website* * Facebook*

1. She Stinks! December 16, 2014 at 2:11 pm -

Guess this is why the others got demoted to the friends of housewives. I liked Bethenny on RHONY, but that was about it. She couldn’t carry her own show and her talk show was horrible. I find her insufferable on her own, but with others, not as bad. Since Bethenny has no other TV shows, guess she had to slither back to that wonky-eyed idiot.

2. TheBeverlyHillsHaveEyes December 16, 2014 at 2:25 pm -

Seriously, why on earth do Bravo feel she’s worth that to the show? Jill and Alex would have been a better choice and would have probably done it for nothing 🙂

• Yolie December 16, 2014 at 10:05 pm -

Definitely better choices in my mind also.

3. misstc December 16, 2014 at 2:26 pm -

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Bethenny, but…No, she is not worth it; especially if she’s not bringing any drama to the show.

4. Anne Green December 16, 2014 at 2:31 pm -

Wow….Bravo really wasted their money on this one…..

5. 4theHighHeels_4theRawDeals December 16, 2014 at 3:26 pm -

Andy is SO out of touch (truly).

NO ONE wants to see this joker-faced, screechy-voiced HO.

Barfenny is SO 15 minutes ago. Blech.

6. italiano bambino December 16, 2014 at 3:39 pm -

Nene who? Bet your ass moose head exploded while reading the news.

7. cait December 16, 2014 at 3:39 pm -

Liked Bethenny very much, and it helped that my horse-racing-mad son admired her Dad and the beautiful racer “Frankel ! The other plus, for me, is that it will p*ss Ramoaner off, big time !

8. TartLemon December 16, 2014 at 8:27 pm -

I liked Bethenny on RHw, but not at all on the spinoffs. The snark is quick, witty and very funny in small doses. I can’t wait to see her interact with Carole and Heather. Should be a riot, but who knows.

9. Gabby December 16, 2014 at 9:55 pm -

HELL NO. Bethenny is not worth 1 million dollars. I haven’t watched the RHONY in a few seasons and now that she’s back, I’m definitely tuning out. She’s rude and no better than Jill Zarin.

10. Dave December 16, 2014 at 10:03 pm -

Bethenny blows. She’s a mean girl and would fit right in with this crowd.

11. CeeJay December 16, 2014 at 10:07 pm -

The NYC media mafia likes to recycle money among themselves. Eventually it ends up back where it started and AC knows that.

• Yolie December 16, 2014 at 10:11 pm -

I never looked at from that perspective but it makes total sense.

12. ImaSayinIt December 17, 2014 at 1:59 pm -

On her initial time on RHONY, I adored Bethenny, Then I was on edge of my seat to watch her Get Married spin off. Big disappointment! I quickly realized that she is only happy being unhappy! I checked out. Just NO

13. Juliana December 20, 2014 at 12:07 pm -

I believe bringing her back will be a great big fat failure. See that Bethenny I said FAT! lol

14. RubyT December 21, 2014 at 9:16 am -

i’ll have to find something else to watch when RHONY airs. i refuse to watch with Bethenny on it.