Kandi Burruss Announces Tour Dates For “A Mother’s Love”

Posted on Jul 30 2014 - 6:42pm by Avigail

dish-072914-kandi-burruss-tour (1)

Kandi Burruss’ musical “A Mother’s Love” will soon be coming to a city near you!

The “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star has announced nationwide tour dates for the production, which played in Atlanta last November.

The tour will kick off on September 4 in Columbus, GA and will make stops across the country, including major markets like Detroit, Memphis, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Los Angeles, among others. “A Mother’s Love” will wrap up its trek across the U.S. in December when Kandi and the company play multiple nights in New York City.

Kandi posted the tour schedule on her Instagram page:

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 6.25.40 PM

The show is produced by Kandi Burruss and her husband Todd Tucker and explores one couple’s relationship and the female protagonist’s complicated relationship with her mother. Kandi not only serves as a producer, but is also its playwright and star.

The previous production of “A Mother’s Love,” featured Eddie Levert, Shirley Murdock and Danity Kane singer D. Woods. Fans can preview the songs featured in the stage show by purchasing its original cast recording on iTunes.

Avagail is an entertainment news blogger for allaboutthetea.com. She's a Brooklynite with a passion for travel, writing, reality TV watching and pop culture.

1. cait July 30, 2014 at 6:50 pm -

Desperate for Mom’s love, but it ain’t gonna happen ‘cos Mom’s a control freak who wants to control Kandi, her money and her daughter ! Put her living with Elsa (RHoM) and that would sort her out ! Kandi, give up and enjoy your life !

2. RealitySuxx July 30, 2014 at 6:56 pm -

Proud of Kandi. She is one of the FEW housewives that says she is going to do something – and she does it. I am going to see it with my Mother when it shows in NC…can’t wait.

• cait July 30, 2014 at 6:58 pm -

Jealous ! Love her voice ! Wish her Mom loved her enough !

• Dr Seuss July 30, 2014 at 7:56 pm -

Her mom is NUTS!!!

• Dr Seuss July 30, 2014 at 7:34 pm -

Hi RS….I agree, Kandi is truly flourishing. I’m happy for her.

3. Marsbars09 July 30, 2014 at 7:25 pm -

I commend Kandi for working hard for what she wants and making it happen. I congratulate her on the success of her play.
    I don’t know if anyone read this, but Kandi is really quite the diva. They listed her tour demands and it states the only chicken she will eat is Popeye’s. She also demands to be transported by golf carts when she has to move around the theatre (I think). I was really surprised by this as she seems so down to earth on RHOA. Remember when Porsha was listing her demands when negotiating her contract to appear in the play? Kandi was taken aback.
    I guess Kandi was playing a character like so many other “wives”.

• Dr Seuss July 30, 2014 at 7:41 pm -

Hey Marsie….those demands are really very standard for the STAR (Kandi is the star) of the show. And Kandi’s demands are very easy to accommodate. Golf carts are used frequently behind the scenes of big productions.

The real divas request white roses every day, ONLY green M&M’s, special imported bottled water that has to be flown in. The problem with Porsha’s demands was, she wasn’t the star….simply a supporting cast member with no prior acting resume. The demands Porsha requested are reserved for the star of the show or a famous person like Eddie Levert.

• Marsbars09 July 30, 2014 at 7:48 pm -

OK. Please check your e-mail.

4. Marsbars09 July 30, 2014 at 7:26 pm -

I wonder if Porsha is going to appear in the touring production?

5. nan/4 July 30, 2014 at 7:47 pm -

I’m going to get my tickets!!! That will be fun! 🙂

• Dr Seuss July 30, 2014 at 7:49 pm -

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could all go as a group?

• Marsbars09 July 30, 2014 at 7:49 pm -

Yes it would.
        Doc, please check your e-mail.

• Dr Seuss July 30, 2014 at 7:53 pm -

Hi…..I responded back.

• Marsbars09 July 30, 2014 at 7:59 pm -

I responded back.

• nan/4 July 30, 2014 at 7:52 pm -

That would be so AWESOME Doc! Come to Las Vegas…..pleeeese?????

• Dr Seuss July 30, 2014 at 7:54 pm -

I plan to and we have to meet for lunch or dinner. I will let you know when.

• nan/4 July 30, 2014 at 7:57 pm -

That’s so great! You are welcome to stay here. We have plenty of room! How about for the show? We could all see it here….maybe??? Huh? Pretty please with a cherry on the top? hehe

• nan/4 July 30, 2014 at 8:37 pm -

I thought it was a good idea……guess not. Oh well….. 🙁

• Dr Seuss July 30, 2014 at 9:08 pm -

Oh I’m sorry, I came off to go cook dinner for my family.

• Dr Seuss July 30, 2014 at 9:08 pm -

Aww…so kind of you! 🙂

I’m not sure of the exact dates but I know it’s in 2015. I will keep you posted. Thank you, sweetheart.

6. twifan2 July 30, 2014 at 8:57 pm -

I ordered my tickets! Well pre-ordered. 🙂

• Marsbars09 July 30, 2014 at 9:33 pm -

Hi Twi! Nice to know you don’t mess around when trying to get the best seat in the house. 🙂

• twifan2 July 30, 2014 at 9:49 pm -

Well, I didn’t get the ‘best’ seats, but they’re alright.
        From the looks of the seating chart, seats were selling at a pretty good pace.

7. nan/4 July 31, 2014 at 10:31 am -

I assume out “group trip” is a no-go? Some of you may be interested in coming to Vegas to see the show with us. If you are, please let me know. I think it would be so much fun!

Have a nice Thursday one and all! 🙂