Various news outlets are reporting that self appointed “Real Housewives of Atlanta” Queen Bee, Nene Leakes has negotiated a $500,000 salary increase and Bravo has given into her demands. This 50% increase would take Nene’s salary from $1 million to $1.5 million a season.
Supposedly, in addition to her $500K raise, Leakes will also get creative control over who she films with. Nene has been rumored to be fired or demoted to a “friend of a housewife,” however as we reported, Nene is not going anywhere.
Nene was in attendance at the recent Bravo Upfronts and was all smiles. Not the image of a recently fired housewife. As you all know, had Nene “Rich B*tch” Leakes been fired she would not be in attendance to happily a promote a show she no longer works for.
Perhaps the salary increase reports are legit, which I highly doubt but, no way in hell will Bravo place creative control back in Nene’s hands or any housewife hands, for that matter. A source tells “All About The Tea” exclusively, Bravo has revamped their contract policy for the entire “Housewives” franchise. And going forward, the network has instituted a new clause in their “Real Housewives” contracts. The housewives will no longer be offered full season contracts, only 7-week contracts at a time. Read about Bravo’s new contract policy here.
The other rumors floating around are:
- Bravo did not fire Porsha, she’ll be back despite her brutal attack on Kenya Moore at the reunion
- Sheree Whitfield and Kim Zolciak will not be back for Season 7
- Marlo Hampton will be back on Season 7
- Cynthia Bailey has been demoted to a “friend of a housewife”
- A new Housewife is being courted and will join the RHOA cast for season 7 (someone new, viewers have not seen on the show before)