First, the hair. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you realize that Adam Levine has dyed his hair platinum blonde. Huh. Carson asked if he was doing it for a movie role or something like that. But no, Adam had the day off and he was bored so he decided to go platinum. He says his mom hates it. I’m with mom. I just don’t think it works with his complexion. But, hey, it’s his hair. If he wants it blonde, pink, or rainbow colored, Adam is still one of the most amazing, talented musicians I’ve ever heard….and he’s still sexy as hell.
Okay, moving on…..
Sisaundra Lewis – “River Deep, Mountain High”
- Shakira – “You are a professional singer” blah blah blah.
- Adam – Her song choice reflects Sisaundra’s strength. (HUGE brownie points for Adam pointing out that it’s a Tina Turner song, lest people go around thinking from the rehearsal package that it’s a Celine Dion song!!)
- Blake – We’re figuring out who you are as an artist.
- Usher – You completely did an incredible job….blah blah blah.
- My two cents: Sorry for the blah blah blah’s but I just can’t deal with her. That being said, I did actually think this was her best performance. Still don’t like her though.
Josh Kauffman – “I Can’t Make You Love Me”
- Adam – He’s still kicking himself for not having Josh on his team anymore and he’s just purely happy to see how far Josh has come in the competition.
- Shakira – He belongs to a group of artists with good taste. (no, seriously, that’s what she said. Sometimes I don’t understand her.) She liked the performance and called it quite an accomplishment.
- Usher – Praised Josh’s confidence and called him a true artist. He said it was Josh’s best performance so far.
- Blake – As perfect a performance as he’s seen in the last 7 seasons.
- My two cents – Sometimes I hate it when they choose songs I love, and sometimes I love it. This time, I loved it. Josh was absolutely fantastic. I loved that performance of this Bonnie Raitt classic. He was just truly amazing. I hope the voters can recognize that as well!
“My eyes are the only thing I don’t wanna take off of you”
I love Blake’s new song! Sexy and awesome as always. And a great turn of phrase! Also, is it my imagination or does Blake look even more handsome when he’s got a guitar in his hand? I think I’m right! But I hate that I don’t remember Gwen Sebastian. Anyone remember what season she was on?
Kat Perkins – “Get Lucky”
- Usher – He wished he had long hair so he could rock out and headbang with her.
- Shakira – Thinks Kat is really true to herself.
- Adam – He gives her all the credit for the performance and urged the audience to vote for her.
- My two cents – Personally, I think she’s got such a fantastic voice. But more than that, her performance actually made my husband lift his head and watch the show rather than letting the show be background noise. He thought it was an absolutely incredible performance. So, there’s that.
Krsten Merlin – “I Drive Your Truck”
- Usher – Thinks she’s on the right track in that truck.
- Shakira – She was moved. Shakira actually looked really emotional at the end of the song.
- Blake – Thinks Adam copied Kristen’s hair style.
- My two cents – I really do love her voice. I just wish she didn’t always have sound issues. I could barely hear the beginning of the song when she first started. I hope she sticks around. I really do.
Audra McLaughlin – “Forgive”
- Adam – No talking for Adam, they’re running out of time.
- Shakira – You make it sound so effortless.
- Usher – Again, no talking.
- Blake – Unstoppable.
- My two cents – I think Audra did a nice job. But I also think parts of the song were too low for her. I wish she had done something without those kinds of notes.
Was this performance to remind us who Gwen Stafani is? Because I can’t understand why she would come and do such an old song. It’s not old enough to be “vintage” yet, is it? Anyway, it was a performance. It was what it was. I’m so not looking forward to Pharrell and Gwen Stefani as new coaches. Yet, at the same time, I wasn’t sure about Usher when he first came aboard so maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Jake Worthington – Hillbilly Deluxe
- Adam – “You’re so much cooler than Blake!” He thinks Jake is about as authentic country as it gets.
- Usher – No talking for Usher.
- Shakira – A different type of performance from Jake and Shakira liked it.
- Blake – Thinks tonight, that people were introduced to ‘Jake the artist’.
- My two cents – I think Jake was so much fun in this performance! He’s so darling! He needs to stick around!
Delvin Choice – “I Believe I Can fly”
- My two cents – I’m sorry to say that I missed out on Delvin’s performance because of technical difficulties. A.k.a. my brand new cable box had a major hiccup and cut out on me. So I’m going to have to go search for Delvin’s performance online when I have a free moment.
Christina Grimmie – “How to Love”
- Adam – He thanked her for trusting his song choice. He also, ah, let’s cut to the chase, he loved it! There’s nothing like it out there.
- Usher – Great performance.
- Shakira – This performance showed her artistry. Shakira loved it.
- Blake – Thinks Christina looks and sounds like a superstar.
- My two cents – My hip hop education has been sorely neglected so once again, I don’t know Christina’s song. Or, I don’t know the original. But I thought the song she did was FANTASTIC! I can’t see her going home any time soon!
And then there were…five?
Three people are getting eliminated this week. So sad!! No, seriously, I’m so sad! But since I didn’t see all 8 performances, I’m depending on you to tell me who should go home. Who should stay? Who do you think our top 5 are going to be?
Okay, so that’s it for me! See you after the elims! Don’t forget to tell me who you think will go home this week!